Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Things That Are Making Me Happy Right Now

Raspberry Monin Syrup with Pellegrino sparkling mineral water.

                                    Bottle is half-empty already, must buy another! 

                                                              via

Tide To-Go Pen.  This little ditty has saved me on more than one occasion.

                                                               via

Lavazza Coffee.  Tastes yummy and smooth with almond milk.


YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Rouge Rock (203).  I haven't even owned this lipstick for 10 hours and it's already my favorite.


Practicing my pout.


My J Brand Gigi jeans from Ebay.   Ebay is my friend.


MY KING GUEY ORCHID WILL BE BLOOMING ANY DAY NOW!  (But hopefully before I go on holidays...)

                            There appears to be a cult calendar hanging up in our dining room.

This is a little victory for me,  I am already celebrating.  This is my orchid from last Christmas and I am thrilled it is blooming again.  The last orchid I tried to re-bloom died instantly.  So with this one, I nursed it, watered it occasionally, fed it some special orchid food, spoke nicely to it and voila!

                                                      * * *

SPEAKING OF EBAY.... I found "A Change of Place" -- both the book and the DVD -- on Ebay (and on Amazon).  I'm totally buying them!


                                                      via

                                                      via

Ok, so you see the guy in the poster.   Yes, that is Rick Springfield.  As in Jessie's Girl Rick Springfield and General Hospital Rick Springfield.  When I first saw this movie on TV back in 1996 or 1997, I only caught the movie about 20 minutes into it, so I had no idea of the actual movie title and no inkling that the guy in the movie was RICK SPRINGFIELD.  I always wondered what the name of the movie was....  so I finally did some sleuthing last summer, found the movie title, found the movie clips on Youtube, spent an evening watching it, put two and two together and ...........DUH, IT MAKES SENSE NOW.   (Kinda like when I only realized a year or two ago that Richard Blade, the famed 80's DJ who is now a DJ on Sirius Firstwave Radio -- BEST DJ EVER, by the way -- played the host of Dance TV in Girls Just Want to Have Fun.)   "Gee, his voice sounded so familiar!"  DA DA DA....FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.  Sheesh.  I am normally all about the details!!

And actually Rick Springfield was pretty good in this Harlequin romance, I gotta say.  

So this weekend, Hubs and I are off to the cottage (our version of the Kennedy Compound) for a week.  Anyone want to guess when the new Royal baby will be born and what gender the baby will be?  I'm going to guess a girl will be born to the Duke and Duchess on July 14th.

17 comments:

  1. The Monin syrups are so pretty to look at, I love their labels.
    I haven't bought an orchid for about 8 years, I always grew them back now, and even prefer their topsy turvy growth pattern to the tall, straight look they have when shop bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a shop here in town which sells Monin syrups, there is quite a good selection (instead of the usual five standard flavour bottles at most tea/coffee stores). There's a few others I want to try.

      I'm envious you can keep re-growing orchids!

      Delete
  2. Hi LR!

    Barry and I only drink Lavassa at home - so good!

    Have not heard of these movies - loved Rick in the 80s!

    Julie's big birthday is July 14th so wouldn't that be fun for her? I am going to guess July 6th. And I think it will be a boy. Are you going to keep track of our predictions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Lavazza coffee. Hubs and I tried it in Chicago a few months ago (there was an actual Lavazza shop) and then we were like "we gotta find it at home!" Got mine at London Drugs - there's an Italian deli here which sells it too. So good.

      I will keep track of the Royal Baby guesses! I wonder if the Duchess will have the baby earlier rather than later.

      Delete
    2. I wondered if you saw that shop in Chicago. A blogger I follow/she follows me told me about Lavazza about 6 months ago...one sip and I was hooked. I order it from Amazon.

      Delete
    3. We did! We love Lavazza coffee and I was pretty excited when I spotted it in the store here.

      Delete
  3. I also think a girl, a boy would be so cute though, a Mini Willie, hmmm I'm going to say July 10th only because that's right in between you and Wendy!
    Have fun at the family compound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Both would be so cute. I'm sure Uncle Harry is getting very excited.

      Delete
  4. I love Lavazza coffee, it is so smooth. I don't know anything about growing orchids but they sure are beautiful. How nice to have one of your own.

    I used the tide pen on a white shirt and it left a yellow stain. Maybe they've improved it since 2 years ago when that happened but I threw mine out immediately after that.

    I'm going to guess a boy because one of my verification words was "his". July 9.

    Have a wonderful time at the cottage. Here's hoping for real summer weather on the prairies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO....thanks xoxo - hope things start calming down in Calgary and surrounding area.

      I'm so pleased with my orchid, I can't remember where I bought it, it was either at Home Depot or the Safeway Florist Shop but this was a good one!

      I have never tried the Tide pen on a white shirt -- just on coloured tops and a blue skirt...did the job. Will have to remember that about the white.

      Ha! that is funny about the word verification -- maybe it's a sign?

      Delete
  5. You look stunning in that photo with your jeans, you're so photogenic - those jeans fit so perfectly on you! I don't have the confidence for ebay, I'm so all over the place with my purchases, I need to go to a boutique. I would love to wear red lippy, alas colouring, it makes me look Mumsy rather than marilyn pouty. My friends and I have been loyal forever to Jilly Copper who writes about horsy romances in the Cotswolds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody! Ebay is hit and miss for sure but definitely more hits lately for me (and the sellers have been really quick with the shipping!) Win-win. Definitely have to know what size you are for a particular brand. I'm pretty loyal to my brands I like (i.e. J Brand).

      I will have to check out those books - I've always wondered what romance books that Daisy used to read on Keeping Up Appearances episodes...lol

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous in the cropped jeans! I have a love/hate relationship with Ebay - great for finding one-of-a-kind stuff, but a nightmare for selling (I have had some real headaches with trying to sell stuff on Ebay). I have never tried the Monin syrups, must go check them out. Have you tried the real fruit cordials at Ikea? All are delicious but elderflower is my hands down favourite - with sparkling water and lots of ice cubes, it is the perfect summer drink. Have fun at the cottage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Great tip about the elderflower drink, I will definitely look for the fruit cordials at Ikea...my mother-in-law has already mentioned that she wants to go to Winnipeg for a day and go shopping at the new Ikea there (while Hubs and my father-in-law go to Cabelas....so convenient, hey? We're all about the win-win!)

      Delete
  7. We have similar happiness paths...I love Lavazza's Crema & Gusto coffee (LOVE!), I love Pellegrino plain or with flavor, and I adore Ebay.

    Have fun at the compound! What a treat to have some place like that to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very blessed! Hoping for good weather (and maybe one "good storm" day)

      Delete
  8. Love this syrup. Gotta get some for summer. Also adore your lipstick. I haven't had YSL for a while. You have the prettiest lips!

    Gotta love Rick! Saw him in concert a few years back at a winery here with a few other 80s folk and he was actually great! Will look for this movie.

    Hope things are lovely at the compound!

    xxKim

    p.s. Envious of your orchid ability! I just turn them into sticks!

    ReplyDelete