Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scarves and A Brunette Once Again


It's official.  I'm definitely known as a scarf lady. 


I wear a scarf almost daily - it's my no-fail accessory.  It adds a bit of colour to an outfit and keeps me warm in offices with frigid air-conditioning.

Some co-workers have commented on my endless stream of scarves, and my piano students like to draw pictures & cards for me ....whenever I ask what the unknown object is in the picture (it's usually a picture of me sitting by the piano teaching music lessons), the answer is always: "it's your scarf!!"

                                   one of the red items on the yellow card is a scarf.

                                                           see the scarf?

See my new polka-dotted scarf?  One of my piano students picked it out as a year-end gift for me.   (She's 7).   Good taste!

                         Tall Girl white top (Long Tall Sally in the UK), J Brand Maria Jeans

So my time as a red-head was quite short-lived.  I'm back to my light brunette ways (for now).  I could be another colour in a month's time....who knows?

                                I am also embracing a white top...a foreign concept to me.

Unfortunately, as much as I love the red and it seems to suit my colouring, the dye just didn't want to stick this time, despite multiple dye jobs.  I can't say that I'm all that depressed to give up the red.  Red is fussy to maintain, fades easily, and when two of my co-workers showed up at work sporting the exact same red hair colour and streaks/highlights, you know what that means.....time to move on!

Off to watch the Mad Men Season Finale -- how will Megan Draper (another brunette) fare this episode?

21 comments:

  1. Love the scarves and the cards - too cute! I like you as a redhead, but as a bottled one, I can relate to your woes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your red hair, WMM - it totally suits you!

      Delete
  2. You wear scarves beautifully. You hair looks terrific and no wonder your co workers wanted to emulate your great look. The highest form of flattery!

    Have a brilliant week

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - so sweet of you to say. Have a lovely week too, need to catch up with your blog!

      Delete
  3. love the brunette, enjoy it!
    also, love that polka dot scarf. I would wear that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great summer scarf - actually the student who gave it to me, I work with her Mom so she was all proud when I wore it to work last week. :)

      Delete
  4. So funny that the scarves are in the card, they have become your familiar, I'm not a scarf person at all only if it's snowing outside will I finally succumb to one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even one of my little piano students wears her own scarf to lessons now! So cute.

      Oh yes I have several winter scarves, such a constant with me!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know you were the scarf lady! Love the cards, how cute is that. I like your collection very much and welcome back to the brunette club.
    I'm way behind on madmen, might have to watch some this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on a few more scarves, I will admit...

      I'm looking forward to when the Mad Men DVD comes out for this season, I love watching all the eps back to back and the audio commentaries are excellent.

      Delete
  6. Hair upkeep is the bane of my life, I feel your pain! But it still looks a tad reddish, so I like it.Those little drawings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! Yep, still have a bit of red (for now...) How come hair upkeep is so expensive and time-consuming?!

      Delete
  7. Your personal style has developed and even a 7 year old knows it! Well done!! I love wearing scarves too...but not as much during the summer. I was talking to a friend today over coffee and I was laughing at the memory of me wearing silk scarves with my white scrubs when I worked in ophthalmology. I either wore a scarf or a brooch with those drab, boring outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I've paired a scarf with nearly everything too. I have a few summery scarves but I'm definitely a winter scarf girl for sure.

      I have a red square scarf that was my great-aunt's - I'll have to look up cool ways to tie it. Didn't you have a tutorial on your blog? I seem to remember that, it's probably saved in my favorites! :)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful sketches by your students, they must really admire you. Love your scarf collection, I am a scarf aficionada as well. How could anyone possibly not wear scarves in our prairie climate? From keeping the wind chill at bay to shading the suns summer rays, a scarf does the job and keeps it chic.

    My natural hair color is strawberry blonde but it seems to be getting lighter every year. I am afraid to color it as my hairstylist says red hair color fades very quickly. Once you start you are committed to a lifetime of maintenance. I'll hang on as long as I can.

    Your hair looks fab. Very rich color and the style suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some great students! They are really fun.

      I completely agree - a scarf on the prairies is essential...for all seasons and random changes of weather and varying degrees of wind!

      I envy your strawberry blonde hair - it must be so pretty! It's true, once you start dying your hair...you're committed for life.

      Delete
  9. The sketches are a delight! and so are the scarves, and I love your brunette-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet that your students give you those drawings. They really must love you.
    Polka dots never go out of style.
    I missed the entire first season of Mad Men so I have catching up to do to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students are great, I have a good bunch!

      I have definitely embraced polka dots over the last little while. Never used to like them, but now I do.

      You definitely need to catch up with Mad Men! If you get Netflix, most of the eps are on there. Before I bought the DVDs, I would rent them from the library. The audio commentaries are really fascinating (esp. the ones with Jon Hamm/John Slattery -- those two are hilarious together, and also Vincent Kartheiser).

      Delete
  11. LR you look fantastic as either! You must be setting trends at work! Always a nice thing..:)

    Love that your students made you those drawings so sweet.

    Isn't the scarf great? My go to thing as well..

    xxKim

    ReplyDelete