Sunday, February 3, 2013

SJP

With nothing to do this weekend except hibernate in the house, listen to my Ipod mix and peruse Pinterest, I decided to look up fashion and style ideas to infuse in my wardrobe.   It needs a boost.  Lately, I have been intrigued by Sarah Jessica Parker's style post SATC.

                                Source

                            SJP, posing with DVF wearing DVF.
                                     Source

As fashionably crazy as SJP can be sometimes,  I appreciate what she does with style and take inspiration from her:

The dresses.  Always very feminine and a bit different from what others are wearing.

                                        Source

                                       SJP's prettiest look.
                                                 Source

                           Going metallic.  Anna and Andy seem to approve.
                                                Source

                                         Intricate ruffles and detail.
                                                 Source

The leather jacket.  Always cool.

                                                 Source

                                                Source
The scarves.

                                 Source

The sense of quirk.

SJP rocks this vintage look that would look like Grandma's curtains on everyone else.
                                                Source

                                    Interesting print and colours.
                                           Source
The hair.

                                       Love the waves.
                                                Source

                              It takes some confidence to pull this off!
                                             Source

                                    Love the ombre look.
                                             Source
Embracing Vintage.

                                                 Source

 Via

Great Accessories.

                                          Source



I appreciate that she takes risks with a sense of whimsy, and I'm sure she has fun with it! 

28 comments:

  1. It just goes to show that attitude is huge when it comes to carrying off a fashion forward image.
    She looks like she is having fun.
    I love that pewter lace dress on her.
    We can all learn from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - some things I definitely don't have the guts to try but sometimes I'll want to include something quirky in my look, thanks to her!

      Delete
  2. Hello:
    What an inspirational series of images, each one more telling than the one before, and each choice of clothing worn with supreme confidence and style. A recipe for success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, and I think the fact that she lives in NYC (a fashion capital) helps too.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy did she cop some criticism for that "slipped off the head" brooch at the Melbourne Cup year before last (the one in photo 13). It was an interesting look - but not the place to wear it, as it is all about hats. And hats need all the publicity they can get, I reckon, being the endangered species which they are.

    But regardless, I admire the fact that she strives for something different with every outfit - some great hits, some a bit more on the oops side - but all fabulous nonetheless. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - SJP does wear some great hats and crazy fascinators. But that must have been like when SamCam wore her hair brooch to the Royal Wedding instead of a hat!

      I love that SJP never really wears the same outfit, but she makes each outfit her own.

      Delete
  4. She's so lucky to be a natural skinnymalink, she looks good in everything, she really is the perfect clothes hangar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was going to write virtually the same thing about her being a clothes hangar and able to pull stuff off, that would look quite goofy on somehow else.

      Delete
    2. A 'perfect clothes hangar' - the perfect description of SJP!

      Delete
    3. p.s. I think she wears McQueen, DVF and L'Wren Scott brilliantly.

      Delete
  5. I think SJP is a designers dream. I like a quirky style and think she gets it right "nearly" all the time. I love that second leather jacket she is wearing :-)
    Thank you so much for your comments over at mine. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lovely week too, Vannessa! I like some quirk in a style too.

      Delete
  6. I do appreciate how well she does the ombre look - most of the time it just looks like prison roots.

    Most importantly - she can do anything in heels. A skill a lot of women lack. The boss's mom was in helping one day and we turned over a funeral, got 100 chairs put away, arranged flowers, hoovered, served coffee and we generally fabulous. We were both commenting that anything the men can do, we do in heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I think ombre is her thing and she's been doing it longer than the trend.

      Here's to women who wear heels successfully!

      Delete
  7. She can pretty much wear anything, but I actually think she looks best in jeans.I hate the crazy looking stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe some outfits are really out there, I agree! SJP does look great in jeans.

      Delete
  8. Love her style, what is about her figure that she looks better in all of those outfits than any model would! You can see even in photos that she has a sassy walk. Also love that she doesn't look over-botoxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always had a great figure and she can wear anything!

      Delete
  9. She reminds me of someone comfortable in her own skin. She isn't the conventional beauty that is everywhere in Hollywood/NYC but her style and confidence make her beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi LR.

    saw your comment on leslie's blog today. i'm the new gluten-free michele girl she mentions. not a coffee drinker but i know someone who loves emulsifying their joe with organic coconut oil. do you use the stuff? i'm nuts about it now since there are hundreds of uses for this good oil. btw. totally sux since i broke up with wheat, but cannot argue the fact that everything in my health is better. :) hope this helps!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele - I haven't tried coconut oil but I will give it a try! The coffee creamer is going to be really hard for me to replace. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  11. I just loved this post! She is truly unique and looks like she does her own thing and doesn't use a stylist. I think I love the green dress at top and the fitted brown one the best. She has gorgeous hair and I like her without the ton of eye makeup. It's fun to see all she tries!

    I need some fashion inspiration now too!
    xo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the eye makeup - same thing as with the Duchess of Cambridge. I think both of them can tone it down with the heavy eyeliner! It may look better in person but in photos it can look very harsh.

      Delete
  12. Sarah J seems to have fun with her clothing like her character on Sex & the City.
    She can carry most things off very well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can - some things I wouldn't have the guts to attempt! (like the floral dress above!)

      Delete
  13. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful..do you have twitter or Fb??

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete