Friday, February 15, 2013

Fringe Girl

Like Carla Bruni, Michelle Obama and others, I have embraced fringe.


Everyone at Work Tuesday Morning:   "You got BANNNNNGSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

Me:  "Yes, new fringe!"

Weird looks.   Like they've never heard the word "fringe" before.  Who knows, maybe they haven't?

BANNNNNNNNNGSSSSSS.  (Janice-voice from Friends.) 

Something about the word "bangs" reminds me of the dreaded bowl cuts from childhood.  Shudder.  Cute then.  Not now. 

My boss gave me strange looks all morning, like he knew something was different about my appearance but wasn't sure if he should ask or say something or not...and for all he knew, my hair appointment could have occurred last week and he only noticed now?  Playing with minds is kinda fun sometimes!  Boss Man has three daughters so he is schooled about noticing hair changes.  Otherwise he would get a lecture and never live it down.

Finally at 3:30pm on Tuesday afternoon, Boss figures it out.

Boss:  "Um.  Did you do something new with your hair?"

Me:  "Yes, new fringe!"  (don't say bangs, remember!!!)   "Thanks for noticing."

Boss:  "Oh THAT's it!!  Whew."  

Yes, you are off the hook now.

I darkened my red colour to switch it up a bit.  I hardly ever have my hair dyed the same colour at my hair appointments!  But I think I'll keep this one.   

                                    Picasa Photo Cross Process is fun

Any weekend plans?  I have a scary, cluttery guest bedroom to purge.  It shames me to say that I still have Christmas decorations piled in there and still sitting out on the floor......eeeek........I have overnight guests coming next month, so I better start clearing out the room now!  

One of my co-workers wants to borrow one of my Peter Walsh decluttering books ("It's All Too Much!!") after I talked it up at work, and now I CAN'T FIND IT.  How hideous is that?  I'm raving praises about this organizing book and it's nowhere to be found.  It's probably sitting on the junk pile in the spare room.  Or underneath the Christmas decorations.

In SK, we have Monday off work for Family Day.  Well, I do.  Hubs has to work that day and he has Easter Monday off work instead.   Oh and for any curling people out there, the Scotties Tournament of Hearts starts tomorrow.  Yes, I am watching.  For some reason, I get into the curling games (but not the shrieks, yells, screams, hurries or hards..........and let's not forget the gum-smacking).   I've tried curling a few times and it's hard!  So I appreciate a good curling game.  Where I live, curling is basically a religion around here (and football) and whenever there's a curling event hosted here (i.e. Brier, Scotties, Curling Trials, whatever) - there's actually more volunteers than needed.      

Sometimes curling has drama and scandal too.  Hello, Jennifer Jones and Cathy O?  

Got some reading to do too.

Don't you just love my old Kate & Leopold style winter bedspread?

Ok enough blathering on and on, have a wonderful weekend! 

30 comments:

  1. You cracked me up about not being able to find that book. Too funny! And so like something I can/have/will do.

    Is it just me, or does the new fringe make your cheek bones pop? The cut and color are great combinations for you. Looks like you are ready for a photo shoot or the runway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the fringe frames my face and you may be right about my cheekbones! :)

      Probably that book will turn up in the most random place! I'm sure of it.

      Delete
  2. Oh! Let me know what you think about the Penny Marshall book. We just watched "A League of Their Own" the other night (for the umpteenth time) and I cried like a lunatic through most of it. I love it and it is so funny but OMG does it kill me emotionally. (I recently read the book on John Hughes you recommended---so interesting! Thanks.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's right - wasn't that movie on AMC or one of those channels earlier this week? I watched a few minutes of it. I am interested to read PM's book too, the book received very judgmental reviews on Amazon and other sites, so I wanted to read it for myself and judge! Glad you liked the John Hughes book, I found it really interesting.

      Delete
  3. Hello:
    We love the fringe - in fact all fringes - and are pleased that your Boss finally noticed the difference.

    Curling! We watched a wonderful film around this game in last year's Budapest Film Festival and cannot now, when needed, record its title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to google the movie! :)

      Thanks! p.s. I will do a post this week about a date Hubs and I went on last week...I think you two would love it.

      Delete
  4. The bangs suit you and your hair is glorious and glossy. Very youthful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hostess! It's a nice change for me. Your haircut looks lovely too.

      Delete
  5. You look stunning with it, look at your cheekbones, it really highlights them - bone jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tabitha! I never noticed my cheekbones until now!

      Delete
  6. I really like the fringe - very chic!

    SInce my dad passed away I have lost all track of curling events. I can tell you growing up in small town New Brunswick, curling and hockey were the basic religions, replaced by basketball and spring. Thanks for the heads up! I actually lived in SK for 6 months in 1985 - very friendly province!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx WMM!

      Oh yes I forgot about hockey! My bad. I think all the sports are definitely a small-town Canadian thing.

      Apparently Colleen Jones is back at the Scotties with her old team! But not as a skip. I get the curling gossip from one of my co-workers. This same co-worker -- her daughter curls competitively as a skip and she has made it to the playoffs in the SK provincials for a few years now. There are so many good teams that it's really hard to win the provincial championship! She's come really close the last few years.

      Delete
  7. I love it - you do indeed have magnificent cheekbones. This is the perfect style to show them off. I am also working through clutter, it is such a pain ans my least favourite chore. Must look up that book myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Sulky! I'm listening to upbeat songs on my Ipod right no to get some energy to tackle the clutter this morning! (after my laptop time, that is.)

      Delete
  8. You look fantastic with your new fringe. Looks so Carla Bruni. I bought the French Vogue with Carla on the cover. Isn't she so beautiful? Thank you for your thoughtful comments about Barkley. Enjoy the long weekend. I love long weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela - actually I must confess, I was at Chapters last weekend and found the French Vogue mag with Carla on the cover. She was my inspiration for the fringe! Beautiful photos.

      Long weekends are the best!

      Delete
  9. Yes your fringe is gorgeous on you! I'm jealous, I have so many cowlicks I could never have a fringe. You have a beautiful facial structure.
    Too funny about not being able to find the de-clutter book! Oh well, good luck with your organizing today. I bet you'll find that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani & Dina - I am positive the book is in the clutter stash!

      Thank you for your kind compliment!

      Delete
  10. That would be hilarious if the Peter Walsh book was in a pile of clutter. LOL. ;)

    I LOVE your new hairstyle. I love the word fringe, but yeah, it's bangs here in the states, and I gather in most of Canada, too.

    Is it hard for you getting used to them? It took me a few weeks before I got used to mine, now I can't imagine ever not having them. I look at older photos of mine and am all, "eeeee, I should have had bangs years ago!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone says bangs here too. Glad you like the fringe! I love them. Your hairstyle is fantastic - you definitely rock the side pony. I was worried that I would be spending too much time trying to style them every morning but it's been pretty easy so far. My hair is basically straight to begin with and as long as I have my big round brush and a blowdryer, I'm good to go.

      I totally should have done this years ago! I had a side swoop fringe 3 or 4 years ago which I liked but not blunt style.

      Delete
  11. Yes, the fringe suits you. 'Bangs' apparently has to do with horse's tails or something. Given the horse-ness of Britain, I would have thought they'd have ended up with this term instead of the US. Fringe still doesn't trip off my tongue, but it does make more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi LR, I LOVE the new hairstyle! So glamorous!! You look fabulous.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOOVE your reddish friiinge (and the Janice voice - haven't thought of her in a long long time.) You have got the great hairline and cheekbones for it. Tres chic! I long for a fringe but I have such a weird hair falling in my face thing I can't have them. I have been in the US for 10 years but still can't get used to the word "bangs" Also great for the bangs: Zoey Dechanel and her gorgeous friend in New Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - Zoey looks fantastic! Fringe totally suits her.

      I watched some reruns of Friends last week when Chandler was dating Janice...too funny. That voice and laugh! :)

      Delete
  14. LR You look gorgeous in the new bangs. Show off your pretty face! I have to admit I think about getting them too. I agree I like the fringe word best.. Too funny about your organizing book being lost! :P Sounds like here! Don't want to think of all I need to do for Spring cleaning!

    Have a great weekend!
    xo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Kim! I think fringe would look great on you too. And a side fringe - you can wear it both ways.

      Now Hubs and I want to paint the house once the spare room is done. You know, one day you stop and admit beige isn't working out anymore? LOL

      Delete
  15. I love your hair both the colour and fringe. Good luck de-cluttering. We have been working on reducing items. I loved the comment of one English blogger, can't recall who, who said "this house needs to lose 25 lbs a week for the next year"

    Have a delightful week
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - that is the perfect phrase! I think I get trapped into thinking that I "have" to have things or own certain things, but I really don't. Who needs 5 boxes of Christmas ball decorations?

      I think paper clutter is the worst for me though.

      Delete