Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Teal Rules and TV Rules

I have worn this teal blazer three times in the past week.


And to think I was stalling in the fitting room at Nordstrom's last spring.....completely on the fence about buying it.  I'll never wear it!  I hardly wear this colour!  I hardly wear ANY colour!

Good thing my practical sense prevailed then and I just bought the damn blazer. 

Christina agrees.  Found this pic of her wearing a similar blazer on Pinterest (my new favorite time-consumer!)  Hey, there's nothing else to do on a Saturday when it is -29C outside (make that -38C with the windchill).  Coffee and Pinterest saved the day.

                                                        via

Can I just say that I am loving my new camera -- so far, no fiddling around trying to make the flash photos work, the non-flash photos work, hold the camera STILL or else you'll have blurry pics!!   Nope.  Less photo-taking drama.

SO MUCH BETTER!!

Last night, Mr. M/E and I watched the hideously bad She-Devil movie with Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep.  It was on Netflix and somehow got a 3 star rating.


It was ridiculous, so much so that I wanted to see what happened next!   Amazingly, we watched the entire thing.

My TV watching schedule has picked up again since The Bachelor is back on TV for a new season (and all the crazy psychos vying for camera time and one-on-one time).  If anyone wants to read hilarious recaps of the Bachelor, check out Lincee Ray's I Hate Green Beans blog.  I found her blog during Jason's season (the one who dumped Melissa on "After the Final Rose" and hooked up with runner-up Molly five seconds later.  Those two are married now.)  During Jason's season, he invented a new move -- The Mesnick.  Only to be used when dumping people, and there has to be a balcony available, otherwise this move doesn't quite work.

                                             via

Just be careful if you're reading Lincee's blog at work, especially on a Tuesday afternoon.   She's like Sulky Kitten - snorty laughs emerge and people will know you're not actually working.

Anyway, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and NYC are back on Slice (in Canada).

Crazy and Pure Escapism TV.  I know.

I had a double dose of I WAS THERE!!!! last week when Villa Blanca was shown on the RHOBH premiere for their 3rd anniversary party (or some excuse to film a party) ... I looked up the date of the party, and it was one week before we went to Villa Blanca during our SoCal trip last year.  Still love Lisa, Brandi and Ken!   Sounds like Brandi gets into it with Adrienne and Paul this season. 

                                    Supper was quite good, actually.

Then on RHONY, my favorite crazy Ramona and her husband Mario hosted a dinner at Le Cirque, which must have been before Christmas in December 2011.  Hubs took me there on our last NYC trip, which would have been only weeks earlier. 

                Sadly, not my car but it was parked there so we got a photo.  Shhhhh.

Ok, I know.  Enough gushing.  Apologies.  

Tonight I'm watching the Golden Globes and Downton Abbey.  Toodles!

22 comments:

  1. Christina is clearly a Copy-cat! I LOVE RHOBH and RHONY. They are all crazy. I think I use it to check my own sanity levels. My favourite is Giggy.She-Devil! Truly horrendous - but so bad that you can't tear your bleeding eyes away from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggy is awesome, I swear the dog has been absolutely everywhere, even award shows!

      Delete
  2. Is RHNY back on now?

    I am about 8 eps into RHBH - wow! it's craycray!
    I actually like Brandi more and more. Who knew!

    I was invited to a party Simon and Alex put on when S2 premiered. I happened to be in NYC that day and got to shmooze with them, Jill and Bobby Zarin etc :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last season of RHONY already aired in the US but is only now airing on Slice. We don't get US Bravo and I couldn't find a site that you could watch the episodes during the regular season. I found a few eps on youtube but not all of them.

      That's great you got to meet Silex, I miss them! I enjoy watching Alex's vlogs. It's too bad Bethenny and Jill had their falling out, I thought they were hilarious together.

      The first Hawaii episode from Season 2 RHOBH is still one of my favorites, Brandi was so crazy! And all that flirting with Ken....he he he

      Delete
  3. Teal is such a lovely colour on you. Your bag is beautiful too. I just watched Downton Abbey. It was a shocker that Lady Edith was ditched in the altar. More exciting stories on Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt bad for poor Edith. I always thought she was dreadful but I started coming around during the last Season when they made her more human. Interesting episode.

      Delete
  4. Hello:
    The blazer is wonderful!!

    Alas, we cannot comment on any television programme since, as we most likely have mentioned, we have not had one for thirty or so years. Why the popularity of Downton Abbey? Is it not simply another 'soap' in costume?!! Apart from Maggie Smith who we adore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a soap in costume! LOL
      Maggie Smith is wonderful in that role.

      Delete
  5. P.S. We have said about no television and Downton Abbey before. What bores we are becoming. Take no notice at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shade of teal!
    Oh there were lots of red dresses on the red carpet last night..very little black which is a surprise.
    DA was a bit sad though...poor Edith getting jilted at the altar...
    My guilty pleasure is The Batchelor and I don't admit it to many as well as that horrific RHOVancouver which I haven't seen since last season. I wonder if it will return.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I liked the red dresses (Claire Danes' was the best), I also really liked Nicole Ritchie's blue dress and Michelle Dockery's white and gold dress.

      Oh yes, the Vancouver wives. I watched part of one episode and that was it!!

      Delete
  7. Dark teal looks great on redheads and brunettes. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Jackie twinset in warm mineral, when they still had my size in stock (eye roll).

    I have a pic of me standing in front of a fancy car too, tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were shocked the car was parked there in the first place, so of course we got a photo! he he

      Delete
  8. i love the teal jacket... looks amazing..


    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blazer and a wise choice. It looks stunning on you in the photo. It will go so many places.
    They rerun all the episodes of RH on cable all over the place. Crazy women! I watch RHof NJ.. like watching a train wreck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I used to watch RHONJ but quit watching after Danielle left the show and the Teresa's crazy relatives came on the show. I watched a few episodes of Atlanta but couldn't really get into it, though there was one hilarious episode of Dwight and NeNe visiting at his house (maybe Season 2 finale? It was when Dwight was helping Sheray with her fashion show for her now non-existent line). The scene of them sitting in Dwight's chairs (thrones) and gossiping had me howling!

      Delete
  10. First - you look so so pretty in that coat! And you deserve that car! Those piccies of you - and Christina - in your teal have sealed the deal for me, teal is so wearable and lovely and flattering. My resolution is to get more colour into my wardrobe and teal is going to be it (plus it goes so well with all other colours doesn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried to embrace more colour this year too. Teals and blues go great with other colours! I loved the blue dress you wore for your Christmas party, it was fabulous.

      Delete
  11. Very cool blog. Interesting posts. ;)
    Nice atmosphere guests with you here on the blog. ;]
    Yours. Have a nice day. !

    Follow me on facebook fanpage and blog
    I'm very concerned about this, please. :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - there's an eclectic, lovely mix here!

      Delete