Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Leather and Blues

I got a new leather jacket, which has gotten quite a bit of wear on the windy & cool days this month.  And the purple leather gloves?  Of course!  You know I love the 1980s.


Leather has always been a go-to for me, I favour leather boots, purses, jackets, gloves.....and the attitude.  I always channel Deborah Harry, circa 1978.

                                                     via

Look, there's blue in my hair now!  It's fun to fool people with blue.  One day it's there, the next it's not!



I'm thinking of writing a Roman a clef about my workplace.  Maybe it would shock people to know that I pay attention!   Even the thought of it gets me excited... you know, like a wickedly good secret that you only know about ...  Keep bringing the material, people!  

My friend B says I should write a book about her.  She lives, acts and dresses a bit like Samantha from SATC so I am sure there would be plenty of material to write about.  Every time we get together for dinner or drinks, she opens up her confessional with me taking mental notes.  I always tell her that Samantha is a character in a TV show, not a real life person.  She doesn't listen.   After hearing about certain 'events', I question her psychic's "revealings", which are always contradictory.  "But that's what they said!!!!"  Ok. 

Aren't books great? 

22 comments:

  1. Aha great minds re the blue!
    Love the jacket
    Love the gloves
    Love the hint of blue hair
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue - such a great colour. Thx for the compliments!

      Delete
  2. Hello:
    We say, 'Get writing'. And perhaps serialise it all here first!

    The purple gloves are wonderful. We love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket, love the purple gloves! If I wrote about my life, I'd be locked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd read it!! Your blog posts are hilarious. I'm waiting for an updated Tom, Katie and Suri post.

      Delete
  4. Love your jacket the leather looks so soft and supple...
    oh yes do get started on that writing, who knows a book might be in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be? I've always loved writing here and there...this could be a winter project for me instead of watching crappy TV.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combo! I remember that leather bomber jackets were all the rage in the late 80s. Of course I had to have one and I wore it all the time. The picture of Deb cracked me up. At first glance I thought, "where the heck are her arms?". : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bomber jackets! I'd love to find a true 80s one. lol

      Delete
  7. Those gloves are fabulous!!! Start on the book now - tell us more about your workplace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I love them. The workplace? Not so much! But I do have some interesting stories ....

      Delete
  8. If you've got a book in you, get it out there! That said, I'd be a bit careful in writing about work (remember Dooced?). I'm not much into leather myself, or blue hair, but they both look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! oh yes I have to be careful of any lawsuits if I were to write about lawyers, since I work for them! That would be ironic, wouldn't it?

      Delete
  9. Love the jacket and the blue ;-)
    Perhaps you could write about your workplace and just change names and places as many authors do ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, definitely! Otherwise, just imagine the wrath that would ensue!

      Delete
  10. Write!
    But writing about friends is tricky at best. They never see the humor in things once they are in print.
    Oooo.. love that jacket and I think the blue is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, not everyone gets the humour, but then some people don't even remember the infamy stories either! Humans are funny, fickle beings.

      Delete
    2. p.s. I would only call a select few of them friends! he he

      Delete
  11. Love your gloves & jacket. Sounds like you have some good material! I'd give it a go!
    xo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your leather jacket and purple gloves are so chic! Thank you for your comment on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete