100 Posts about the happenings in my life at Magnificent or Egregious? Already? Thanks to all who find some sort of amusement from my ramblings!
So I've been back from the Kennedy Compound for a week or so. My mother-in-law isn't doing all
that great health-wise, she is in need of a hip replacement so she doesn't get
around too much. It was more of a visit rather than a holiday, which is
fine. The weather was great, only one storm day and I got through most
of the Jackie Conversations - having an Ipod and sitting in a secluded chair looking somewhere onto the lake is wonderful.
Although Jackie admits to being influenced by her husband on political
and other decisions, she was her own person and definitely had opinions on certain
figures she came into contact with (Indira Ghandi, anyone?) She certainly proved to have a mind of her own, especially on subjects where she had excellent expertise. I think she knew her place and her
role in JFK's presidency, and despite certain issues..... she really was the perfect companion for JFK. Today would have been her 83rd birthday.
Now back to the Rat Race (work). I like this Rat Race better. More zaniness and laughs.
On a lovely note, Closet Crisis from One Too Many Closets nominated me for a Lovely Blog Award and
Kim from Northern California Style nominated me for an Inspiring Blogger
Award - thanks so much ladies, I'm very flattered!
I always enjoy chatting and commenting with other bloggers on any range of topics, and this is my 100th post, so let's talk about it:
1. Why do most women wear their wedding ring first and then the engagement ring?
I've read that the wedding ring should be "closest to your heart".....(and there's something about how a vein in your left finger runs directly to your heart) but I'm not really one for rules, the have-tos and the shoulds ..... as my sis would say "Rules are for Fools!!!" Anyway, I wore my rings the suggested way up until last year when I said why not the other way? I switched and I now wear my engagement ring first and then my wedding ring. Hubs doesn't mind - he said "wear them however you want!!"
2. Why do most men named "James" go by "Jim"? Or a Richard goes by Dick? Or a John goes by Jack? Is it a nickname thing? Not liking their real name?
3. Not to go all hard-core political here, but can one be a socialist and an entrepreneur? Can one be a capitalist and work for the government?
4. And if you're an entrepreneur, what's your business advice to the masses on how to succeed on your own?
5. Meltdowns aside, I really admire Bethenny Frankel on what she has accomplished with her business. I've followed her since Season 1 of the Real Housewives of New York City (back when the show was actually fun) and I LOVE her Skinnygirl White Cranberry Cosmo cocktail.
6. When, where and if you can, buy local produce, eggs and meat from local farmers. I recently bought some steaks and ground beef from my co-worker; her boyfriend's parents are butchers and live on a farm outside of the city. The cost actually wasn't that much more than supermarket prices. Hubs barbequed the steaks with just a bit of Montreal steak spice, salt & pepper sprinkled on top, and the steaks were among the best I've ever had. Juicy, tender, full of flavour.....way better than bland, tough supermarket steaks! Never going back to crap again.
7. What are your preferred clothing and shoe brands? (I love Lauren by Ralph Lauren, J Brand, Frye and Aquatalia). Are designer labels really better than less expensive brands? What brand did you try that failed to live up to expectations and hype?
I want to hear all about it and thanks again for reading and commenting!