Thursday, June 28, 2012

True Colours

I seem to have a thing for black, white, red, blue....and coral.



I have been wearing my blue corduroy blazer lately (seen in first photo).  Love it.  Even though the temps have been in the 30s this week (Celsius), the office is more like 8 degrees above.

We've had an interesting week.  Work-busy.  The other night we had a bad rainstorm with tornado warnings.  I was working late and made it home in time before the rain started.  The tornado passed us by, thankfully.

                       (Photo taken from our back bedroom window and screen)

Then these interesting clouds appeared after the storm was over.


This weekend we are planning to go to the Governor-General's Garden Party on Canada Day, July 1st.  I *might* pull out one of my fascinators to wear, we shall see.  I've been dying to wear it again.

What are your weekend plans?

14 comments:

  1. The clouds are quite astonishing. I don't think I can ever recall seeing any quite like that. Our weekend is going to involve log fires, walks in the frost- touched wineries, and maybe a gallery or two - to escape the cold which has now settled in for winter. But your Garden Party sounds quite fabulous - and you just know I will egg you on to wear a fascinator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I would be shocked if you didn't! :)

      I always find it fascinating how the seasons are different in the northern and southern hemispheres....you are speaking about winter now and it is already 21 degrees C here at 9:30am!

      Delete
  2. We've had flash floods here in Newcastle. I've discovered that I accidently had the foresight to buy a house on top of a hill! We're packing up the motorhome to take a trip...about which I'll be writing eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to that post - hopefully there wasn't bad damage with the floods. Our house is slightly elevated too and our street has quite good drainage.

      Delete
  3. Those clouds are quite beautiful and Happy Canada Day on Sunday...love to see your fascinator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Canada Day to you too, Hostess! Hope you have a fun day planned!

      Delete
  4. Those 'bubble'clouds made the news. Evidently they are an anomaly and not normal.
    Those outfits are lovely. I like that blazer. Temps here have been up and down a lot. Plenty of rain too!
    Have a Happy Canada Day (launches confetti) and enjoy your weekend. Take lots of photos to share, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be taking many photos, no worries there! The clouds were quite something to see and moved quickly after the storm was over. We were watching some of the storm footage (livestream) on Stormchasers; there was a tornado that touched down about an hour from here before our storm started.

      Delete
  5. Great cloud photo! I'm off to a concert tomorrow and meeting up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We attended a BBQ last night and there were people from Moose Jaw. They were talking about the storm, tornado and the unusual clouds (apparently called mammary clouds and of course there were several jokes about that). One person had photos of the funnel cloud and it looked quite scary. Glad to know you are safe and sound. Enjoy the party on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those clouds are awesome but not so the tornado photo. Scary!
    Enjoy your weekend
    Xx

    ReplyDelete