Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gold Dust Woman

Today is Stevie Nicks' 64th birthday, and she's just as cool as ever.  (And if my sister has her baby today, her child will have the same birthday as Stevie!) ** edited to add - My sister did give birth earlier this morning to a baby boy!  Funny what happens when you use the auto timed post!**

While we were in California, we listened to Rumours, of course.... one of my all-time favorite albums.  Suddenly, songs like Gold Dust Woman made so much more sense.

                             Via (check out the article too, interesting tidbits about some of her songs)

I've always loved this live version performed with Sheryl Crow.  Isn't Stevie's shawl wonderful?



When my sister and I went to see Fleetwood Mac in Calgary almost 10 years ago, Gold Dust Woman received one of the loudest and longest ovations from the audience.  Mick Fleetwood started playing the percussion with John McVie's bass, and then EVERYONE knew what song was next....the live version was incredible.

Sara has always been my favorite Stevie song.  No one was more happier than I was when Stevie performed it live with Fleetwood Mac after a 14 year hiatus.  Here's the 1979 version:



I would dearly love to hear these two perform in concert together.  Hubs and I just missed them in 2006.....apparently they did a show in NYC a few weeks after our honeymoon!  Maybe one day...

                                                               via

Love their Insider duet - thank God for Youtube clips!



Any favorites of yours?

10 comments:

  1. 64, wow she was such a beauty in her youth. I saw her and Tom P and Rumours is one f my favourite albums ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so lucky to have seen them! They sound just as good together as Stevie and Lindsey do.

      Delete
  2. Stevie Nicks is just one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have a guess which group is playing in my car's CD player this week LR!
    Yesterday on the trip home from grocery shopping (glamorous..Not) Sara came on and this song is probably my favourite song and Stevie is my all time favourite female singer.
    We have our own little fan club happening here don't we!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we sure do, what perfect timing hey? So glad others love her music too.

      Delete
  4. So you got your wish about your nephew! Sarah is such a beautiful song. Gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Wasn't that incredible? I told my sister about the birthdays and she was like oh YAH......that's RIGHT!! :)

      Sara gets me every time too, there is just something about that song. 'Storms' gets me too (also on the Tusk album)

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your sister!!

    I wasn't a huge fan of Stevie Nicks when I was a kid, but I really started to her appreciate her when I was older. I have always like Tom Petty though. It would be amazing to see the two of them together in concert!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise!

      I didn't start listening to Stevie until I was 16 or 17 years old...have been a faithful fan ever since! Have always listened to Tom, too. My weekend has been good, except for the constant rain!

      Delete