Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

My apologies for no blog posts lately, the past two weeks have been superbusy at work.  Real estate has exploded in my neck of the woods and everyone is so last minute about everything.  I definitely have my work cut out for me before my vacation.  (3 weeks to go, by the way!) 

I've also been hosting my in-laws over Easter weekend plus attending (and hosting) family events.  So you know what that meant.....yes I was busily tidying and cleaning my house for two days prior to everyone's arrival!  You know, the nitty gritty stuff.  Pantry was cleaned out, clutter was purged, some clutter I had to hide in my walk-in closet (AGAIN!!  BUT I promised Hubs I would immediately take it out the moment my in-laws leave). 

So how was everyone's Easter?  [Mine was great].
Did the family get along?  [Yes, thankfully].
Was the food good?  [Yes. Paskas, ham, perogies, cabbage rolls, casserole, salads, dessert, etc.  And let's not forget the wine!]
What did the Easter Bunny bring?  [chocolates, of course, and inexpensive groceries brought back from the States.]

Isn't life grand? 

The snow is almost all melted now (it snowed on Friday night) and I am anxious for spring.

Have a good week!

12 comments:

  1. And the countdown to your holiday begins! It's good being busy at work though, so it be holiday time before you know it.

    Thank you for your warm well wishes, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same when I have visitors. At the moment my shack is up for sale so I have to be on guard 24/7 just in case someone wants to view it.The strain is wearing me down. Perogies and cabbage rolls - that is my kind of food. I have stuffed my fat little face with miniature chocolate eggs - telling myself "They're only tiny!"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that is the worst, I remember we had to do that too when we sold our house, it was so draining. But aren't those mini-eggs wonderful? :)

      Delete
  3. Are you in real estate? If so, busy is a good thing!! Just keep thing of vacation when you get stressed. So glad you had a lovely weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work at a law firm for real estate lawyers so I prepare land transfers, mortgages, etc and it has been crazy busy this year. I thought last year was bad! We never had a winter break, people were going nuts for houses in the winter time!

      Delete
  4. A belated Happy Easter to you too. We survived the family dinner with my in-laws and boy, I sure missed my own family when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend!
    I have tooooo much chocolate in the house now lol and I never thought I could ever say that!

    Gawd pleeeeeeeeze take WV off :O(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was bad with the mini-eggs (my fav) and sugar candies...oy.....

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a nice Easter. Love the mini-eggs! Thinking of vacation myself too.

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to read Easter and went well AND work is busy; busy is good ;-)

    ReplyDelete