Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things I Want to See in California, Part II

#1:  Palm Springs, CA

We actually booked our hotel in La Quinta, CA for a night on our way to LA - but plan to spend an afternoon in Palm Springs. 

#2:   Joshua Tree National Park, CA


Of course, with U2's The Joshua Tree album played in its entirety during the drive.

                                                                     Source

(......especially Where the Streets Have No Name **note:  great video and my favorite U2 song** and In God's Country.....)

#3:  Fashion Valley Mall, San Diego, CA

Mostly for two reasons:  Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus....two stores I love that I have never actually set foot in and shopped at before, only shopped online!

#4:  Malibu, CA

The beaches, waves and sun:

                                                                   Source

#5:  Pacific Coast Highway, CA

Looking forward to the drives on the PCH, something we've always wanted to do:

and lastly:

#6:  Palm Trees

Yes, I have never seen palm trees in person.  (go ahead, have a chuckle).

                                                                          via

What did I miss?

17 comments:

  1. Count me in for palm trees PCH drives and Malibu!
    If there's any rain nonsense, were heading to Palm Springs, we stayed here last time: www.thewillowspalmsprings.com/ what a incredible place, but I fancy the cool Jonathan Adler designed place this time if we go, I can't remember its name.

    Amazingly there are palm trees up north in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool suggestions and how neat that there's palm trees in Scotland. Always thought they were only in the tropics!

      Delete
  2. Between this post and your other, you are naming a lot of the same things I would love to see in California...especially the Father of the Bride house and the Pacific Coast highway.

    @Tabitha--I believe you! I saw the palm trees in Scotland...it was very surreal.
    ~~Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a follow-up post after the trip with many many photos LR style, no worries there!

      Delete
  3. Bliss: I only saw them for the first time two years ago and was utterly amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Palm trees are my favourite tree (which is why I wanted to get married under one). Your trip sounds like it's going to be fantastic - PCH - I'd love to do that in a convertible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to get a convertible but our car rental will be quite basic, I think. :)

      Delete
  5. I would play the same U2 album too!
    I know you are going to have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think this trip will be fantastic! I keep thinking of more great songs to add to our playlist too.

      Delete
  6. You will love all of these places! Palm Springs is amazing, as is Malibu, San Diego, and the PCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like this week and last week bloggers have been posting about anything California - perfect timing! Hubs and I are really excited!

      Delete
  7. I'm excited for you. Palm trees are truly a sight to behold. Especially when lining a street you're driving down. I've lived in Cali for 20+ years and still notice the really nice palms I see. They are spectacular. You will have so much fun I know! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have my Fleetwood Mac Rumours album set to play whilst driving down those palm-lined streets! :)

      Delete
  8. Hope you get to see it all! I love your list! You are going to LOVE La Quinta! It's gorgeous there.

    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am known for being really ambitious on trips and thinking I can do it all....La Quinta looks just lovely in the photos I've seen!

      Delete
  9. I live in CA and haven't seen Joshua Tree...Better put that on my list since we are moving back to the east coast in June. You will love La Quinta and I will miss those sunsets...I take so many sunset photos...and I never tire of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sunsets too - I am sure I will be taking many many photos of sunsets while in CA! We are really looking forward to seeing JT National Park.

      Delete