Monday, March 5, 2012

Things I Want to See In California Part 1

#1.  Villa Blanca, Beverly Hills.

Lisa Vanderpump's Restaurant - I'm a big fan of Lisa and the restaurant looks lovely. 

                                                               Source

Maybe we'll see a Lisa/Ken/Giggy sighting.

                                                                      via

#2.  The Drapers House, Pasadena.

This website is awesome - this gal knows how to house-stalk well.  I am impressed.

                            Don and Betty have since moved on, but I still wanna see it 
                                       My Mad Men friends will be jealous.

#3.  The Father of the Bride House, Pasadena, CA.

I still watch this movie anytime it's on TV (and Father of the Bride II).  Franc and Howard are hilarious.  And I've always loved the Father of the Bride house, spotted here and here.

                                                                           via

#4.  San Dimas, CA.

Where Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure movie was set (though not filmed there).  But who cares?  Remember, the movie is on my favorites list, so a drive through it (together with a picture of a San Dimas city sign) will be most triumphant.

However, I was dismayed to hear that Hubs, who is the connoisseur of everything 1980s, has not seen the movie.  What the... ??  That will be rectified before our trip, trust me.

#5.  Mulholland Drive, LA (and basically all the street names and references in Free Fallin')

                                                                     Source
Apparently the view is even better at night.

Part II coming up. 

16 comments:

  1. I get to CA often, my relatives are scattered throughout Southern California, and I think you have added to my next trip, too. :)

    Great choices! And isn't Lisa V. wonderful? She cracks me up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa is awesome! Love her quick wit and I think she's a good businesswoman too. The way those women treated her at the reunion was awful!

      Delete
  2. My pic would be the Father of the Bride house. Have lost count of the number of times I've viewed that movie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE head off on Sunday, what a shame I'll just miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love planning for upcoming trips - that FOTB house is gorgeous - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love planning trips and doing research, I find it very interesting to do things a bit off the beaten path.

      Delete
  5. I'm so behind - my internet access is lousy just now. I read through your list and thought how out of it I am, living here in Britain. San Dimas popped out at me only because a recent finding placed a distant relative there in the 1940s...So, I gather you're headed for California. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish it was coming up sooner, we are in full winter mode here now so can use some warm weather!

      Delete
  6. LOL I have to laugh...this is exactly the kind of list I would make too! I love going to see places that were in movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, New York was my playground (ala Bethenny Frankel) for scouting locations.

      Delete
  7. Pasadena is lovely!
    We went to Bungalow Heaven and the Gamble House.
    I love planning ahead for a trip.

    It's going to be lots of fun and there will be sunny skies and warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Oh I must check those out too. Pasadena looks lovely.

      Delete
  8. There is so much to see and do in California! It is one of my favorite states to visit. I love looking at movie locations and you've chosen a few beautiful homes to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. California is so diverse! We are really looking forward to it. I will have to re-read your CA posts!

      Delete