Monday, February 13, 2012

Catching Up

867-5309----eeeee-----iiiiiii-ne.....that was one of the songs on my "1980s Cleaning Ipod Mix" while cleaning up the house on the weekend and it's still with me.



I had some requests for more photos.   Here's some from my wedding:

                                       Our ceremony

                                                     Myself and Superfab Sis

                                                 Entrance into Reception

                                                      Close up of the red cake

                                                 The infamous bouquet toss

I took out my wedding dress while going through my closet yesterday:

                                                            Still lookin' good!

What I wore to The 39 Steps last weekend:


Saturday was a Supper Success with a Chicken Dish with Artichokes (recipe below) and Kale and Potato Gratin - thanks Ramona Singer and thanks DaniBP for the recipes!   Hubs was delighted and both recipes are keepers.
                                    Chicken with Artichokes and Kate & Potato Gratin

Chicken with Artichokes & Wine Recipe (from Ramona Singer's Recipe of the Week)


-          4 chicken breasts – skinned, boneless and split in half
-          20 white button mushrooms, sliced
-          1 can artichoke hearts (drained well and cut in half)
-          Juice of one lemon
-          1 cup of chicken broth
-          ½ cup pinot grigio or white wine

 - Put salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken, then coat with flour
 - Heat the olive oil in pan on medium heat
 - Cook the chicken on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each (until done, then remove from pan)
 - Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes
 - Add the artichokes, chicken broth, wine and lemon juice
 - Bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce gets reduced
 - Add the chicken breasts back into the pan
 - Serve immediately or serve 4 hours later and just reheat in the oven or sauce pan

Serve with pasta, potatoes or rice.

Last night's Leek Tart - my favorite:


The recipe is here.

Speaking of Ramona, I hope the Real Housewives of New York recovers from the disasters Seasons 3 and 4 were...I will give it another chance for Season 5.  Ramona's crazy, but she's my favorite.  Hopefully LuAnn behaves this season.   I met her when I was in NYC in 2010 and she was quite gracious and pleasant.  Kelly and Jill were there too but I didn't bother meeting them....this was during the middle of them against Bethenny craze... 

                                      Luann is drinking a Tim Hortons coffee in JCPenney

My other favorite Housewife series is the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Lisa, Brandi and Camille are fab.  The rest are ridiculous.

Selling New York is back on HGTV.  If Hubs and I ever win the lottery, one of the first things we will do is buy a NY condo through Michele Kleier.  I love the episode recaps on Curbed NY, every episode is rated by "Cackling Kleiers", I love it.

                                                   Credit:  Fred R. Conrad, NY Times

One more episode of Downton Abbey....and I hear it's the best one!

30 comments:

  1. Lovely church, and your dress looks totally stunning.I love the touches of red - very daring. The last wedding I was at, when the bride threw her bouquet, the single women were so enthusiastic, it was like a stampede of wild horses. There were actually casualties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I needed some colour with my wedding, I couldn't do all white. The bouquet toss can turn into war sometimes!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely wedding! Your dress is beautiful - love the deep red color.

    How long ago were you married?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubs and I got married in 2006, I was a young pup!

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you like the kale and potato gratin, thanks for the mention!
    Your wedding looks wonderful, the kilts and the red cake and your dress, how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious and Hubs enjoyed it, so A+!

      Thank you - we tried to put our 'stamp' on our wedding through the different touches and my aunt still mentions the red cake she made for us -- it is the only red wedding cake she's ever made! (and she has made a LOT of wedding cakes in 40 years!)

      Delete
  4. You looked so beautiful in your dress! And why "infamous" bouquet toss? In my head I'm picturing some sort of melee that ensued...hehehe.

    I thought last night's DA episode was quite ridiculous, in a very high brow way. The plot twists and devices had my head spinning. "Got up to save Fiancee from death by footstool" had to be the most creative plot twist since Bobby walking out of the shower. Don't get me wrong, I'll be captive next Sunday in front of my TV ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CC! Oh in my last wedding post I had mentioned how some single women dread the bouquet toss and all the fanfare with it...so I just had to post that photo. LOL Thankfully there were no bouquet toss wars!

      And I'm totally LOLing at your DA analysis! I wonder if the editing has something to do with it too, apparently two episodes were combined as one.

      Delete
  5. Fun to see your wedding pics. Very pretty!

    I am going to try your chicken dish it sounds yummy. Love Selling NY too!

    Happy Valentines! Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am catching up on the new SNY eps, the Kleiers are my favorites and that high-strung Richard realtor (can't remember if he's with Warburg or CORE)....so entertaining.

      Delete
  6. Your wedding pictures are SO beautiful! What a wonderful day!

    I love Housewives too, but can't agree about Ramona LOL! So many of them seem to be off their faces on prescription meds and alcohol - I worry when I see them driving around!

    Enjoy DA and have tissues on standby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I know Ramona has had some 'moments', shall we say....LOL....but I do love her spunk and her daughter Avery is awesome (esp when she's critiquing Ramona's outfits and conduct!) Some are just off the rails though -- I absolutely cannot stand Cuckoo Kelly. She was at the same event I saw LuAnn at and she is exactly the same as she is on TV - with the "hi-ee! hi-ee!" voice and constantly playing with her hair. Oy.

      Can't wait for Sunday!

      Delete
  7. I love the bouquet toss pic.
    All I've ever done with artichokes is eat them straight from the jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - our photographer took some great action shots at our wedding, I love them better than the formal photos.

      Delete
  8. Your wedding gown is lovely!
    Seriously those pipers are awesome...love bagpipes and men in kilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do too and I surprised Hubs with the pipers, it went over so well.

      Delete
  9. Re Downton - the Christmas special was awesome! Cant wait to see it again! I just created Downton ribbon :O)

    I was invited to a party Simon and Alex had in NYC back in 2009 - it was loads of fun! I met Jill there too and she was super nice to me but strangely bitchy to a friend of mine...it was odd.

    Your dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh how fun would that party have been! I don't mind Silex, sometimes they can have their 'moments' too and at times Simon gets too involved with the drama but they have each other's back (unlike some of the other couples on the HW series) and I think they would be cool to hang out with.

      Delete
  10. The wedding photos are gorgeous -- as is that leek tart! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! The baked cheese on top of the leek tart was super yummy this time, it was just right!

      Delete
  11. Oh that video clip had me chuckling LR! I remember that song and the model with the big blonde flicky hairdo reminds me of my hair in the mid eighties..hilarious.
    Love your wedding gown and the cake..both to die for girl!
    I must be the only one left who has never watched an episode of the Real housewives (in any city).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's awesome!

      Thank you! Usually the first seasons of Housewives are the best, then go downhill from there. lol

      Delete
  12. Beautiful gown.
    I am going to try these recipes when I am able. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! All three recipes are great and easy. I can't stand recipes which are elaborate and time-consuming.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful wedding you had! I am in the midst of helping to plan my daughter's Spring wedding. So many details to think of and remember ..it is keeping me so busy! I still have to find a dress and make some decorations for her bridal shower.

    Your valentine's dinner looked delicious! I must also get that kale and potato recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kale & potatoes were great, do check out DaniBP's blog when you get a chance.

      Oh you must be having fun planning the wedding! Your daughter will have a lovely day!

      Delete
  14. Your wedding photos are so gorgeous - your dress is amazing and that cake looks DELICIOUS! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Statement cakes are fun. :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Your wedding dress is soooo beautiful. I love it! I agree with your sentiments about RHONY and RHOBH. Sadly I cannot stop watching these shows no matter how hard I try (they are my only guilty pleasures) :) I will give LuAnne another chance although I wasn't impressed with her behavior recently. And as far as RHOBH goes I was appalled by Kyle and Adreienne's behavior at the reunion! (I need to get a life but glad someone else pays attention to these shows other than me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Housewives are my guilty pleasures too. I would love to go to Villa Blanca one day, I think Lisa is fabulous and the restaurant looks beautiful. I like Ramona and Lisa the best out of the Housewives (although Ramona is definitely crazy) as they are both successful businesswomen who work hard at their ventures and succeed. I go back and forth with Kyle, one episode she's great, the next I can't stand her! Oy.

      Delete