I had some requests for more photos. Here's some from my wedding:
I took out my wedding dress while going through my closet yesterday:
What I wore to The 39 Steps last weekend:
Saturday was a Supper Success with a Chicken Dish with Artichokes (recipe below) and Kale and Potato Gratin - thanks Ramona Singer and thanks DaniBP for the recipes! Hubs was delighted and both recipes are keepers.
Chicken with Artichokes & Wine Recipe (from Ramona Singer's Recipe of the Week)
- 4 chicken breasts – skinned, boneless and split in half
- 20 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts (drained well and cut in half)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup pinot grigio or white wine
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken, then coat with flour
- Heat the olive oil in pan on medium heat
- Cook the chicken on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each (until done, then remove from pan)
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the artichokes, chicken broth, wine and lemon juice
- Bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce gets reduced
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pan
- Serve immediately or serve 4 hours later and just reheat in the oven or sauce pan
Serve with pasta, potatoes or rice.
Last night's Leek Tart - my favorite:
The recipe is here.
Speaking of Ramona, I hope the Real Housewives of New York recovers from the disasters Seasons 3 and 4 were...I will give it another chance for Season 5. Ramona's crazy, but she's my favorite. Hopefully LuAnn behaves this season. I met her when I was in NYC in 2010 and she was quite gracious and pleasant. Kelly and Jill were there too but I didn't bother meeting them....this was during the middle of them against Bethenny craze...
My other favorite Housewife series is the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Lisa, Brandi and Camille are fab. The rest are ridiculous.
Selling New York is back on HGTV. If Hubs and I ever win the lottery, one of the first things we will do is buy a NY condo through Michele Kleier. I love the episode recaps on Curbed NY, every episode is rated by "Cackling Kleiers", I love it.
Credit: Fred R. Conrad, NY Times
One more episode of Downton Abbey....and I hear it's the best one!