Monday, January 30, 2012

End of January

Today is Hubs birthday but we celebrated yesterday.  We started off our day by having a coffee at Starbucks, picking up some magazines at Chapters (British Vogue and Town & Country for me) and we saw Iron Lady at the movie theatre.

                                                       Source

We both enjoyed the movie immensely.  In my opinion, Meryl Streep did an incredible job portraying Margaret Thatcher.  Whether you agreed with her politics or not, Maggie Thatcher was a gutsy and tough cookie.  After the movie, I treated Hubs to supper at our favorite upscale pub, Browns Social House.  Hubs had blackened chicken & ribs combo and I had the shrimp & chicken Pad Thai.  Both dishes were delicious, I have a habit of never ordering the same thing as Hubs but I always want to try a taste of his dish. 

Then we came home and watched Downton Abbey.  Best episode of the series to date, by far.

January has flown by in a flash, I am anxious to see what February brings!

14 comments:

  1. Wait for it. It's my hub's birthday today and we started off yesterday morning at Starbucks then bought mags!

    And I know, January has just whizzed by in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny! :) Hope your Hubs has a great birthday today, we're going for drinks after work with family.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your husband! You are lucky...there is no way my husband would watch even 10 minutes of DA ever, let alone on his birthday.

    What a fun way to spend a special day.

    xo, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Well truthfully Hubs watched most of the episode but not the end (good thing, big spoiler there when he hasn't even seen the first season yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. British Vogue, Margaret Thatcher and Downton you are more English than I am! Isn't Downton fabulous? It is the first time in years that a tv station has commissioned a truly high budget drama. UK tv is usually a steady diet of the X factor, reality tv and Britain's Got Talent. The huge viewing figures show how we are all craving something a little more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love Downton! Cdn and US TV are the same -- one reality show after another. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Having endured the Thatcher Dictatorship for real, I don't think I'll be rushing to watch that movie! (Although I love Meryl Streep)Happy birthday to your Mr. Sounds like a lovely relaxing day. Mr SK is an Aquarian as well and he is soooo hard to get pressies for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Oh I know, men can be hard to buy for sometimes. My Hubs is fairly laid-back... books always go over well!

      Delete
  6. Wow you got to do what I would want to do if it were my birthday and it was your husband's special date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hubs is still trying to make up for when he took me to King Kong on my birthday years ago....epic fail. LOL It was a great day!

      Delete
  7. My mother-in-law's birthday is the 30th. Gee these Aquarians are everywhere!
    Happy birthday to hubs and I can't wait to view more Downton Abbey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For some reason early February is busy in my family too - 3 anniversaries, two nieces' birthdays two days apart, 3 other birthdays...

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful birthday - for the both of you! I think I've reached that age when I am continually saying 'Where did January go?' (Where did 2010, never mind 2011 go?). Oh well, roll on February!

    ReplyDelete