Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Party

So far I have watched Home Alone, Home Alone 2:  Lost in New York City, The Grinch, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Sarah Richardson's Holiday Party Special on HGTV, and The Party.  The crazy, zany movie with Peter Sellers as clumsy Hrundi.

                                                                         via
          How many times have I had to sit in the kiddie chair during dinner parties?  
Too many to count.  
I feel for Hrundi, I really do.

I had never seen The Party before, Hubs remembers watching it once during his childhood in the 1970s while his Dad laughed hysterically throughout.  Then I did the same.  Then we watched Christmas Vacation and laughed some more.   Tis the season to be jolly and party!   

    via  
This year's work Christmas Party was not this exuberant....but last year's party was!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the Pink Panther!
    I remember those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute all time favourite movies. I actually bought it, because it gets funnier every time we watch it. So many clever bits. And that house is just too cool for its own good. Reminds me a bit of the Mon Oncle films - same sort of humour and cool architecture. Virginia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want to watch everything that you've just watched, I just asked hubs last night if we could source stacks of Christmas movies but we don't subscribe to any film channels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Party is one of my all time favourites and laughing all the way through this film is a given!
    Each Christmas the TV channels down here roll out the National Lampoon films with Chevy Chase and we watch them Every. Single. Year. and still laugh ourselves silly!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with this movie, it looks like fun. You obviously love your holiday movies! LOL My husband refused to let us watch the Griswald's on Sunday night, Scrooge that he is, but he did attend the corporate party with me on Friday after much arm-twisting. Wonderful food, drink, decor and entertainment but nothing too exuberant. ;^)

    Hmph! My verification word is undane. So close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with this one either! I must watch it asap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hostess - Hubs and I were googling Pink Panther clips last night and laughing hysterically at those too!

    Virginia - Oh I plan on buying the movie too and isn't that house amazing? I love those little steps in the pool! haha

    B & P - you will have to devote some time to watch but it's well worth it! I'll be watching the Grinch again at Christmas (the cartoon one), it's my niece's favorite Xmas video and she's seen it at least 10 times this holiday season.

    Red Roses & Crystal - I do the same! Some people don't care for Chevy Chase but I think his movies are hilarious, Fletch and Fletch Lives anyone? Funny Farm?

    Xoxo - So close indeed! See, I watch my holiday movies while Hubs plays his video games so he never has an issue with it LOL. We did watch The Party together though!

    Annemarie - be prepared to snort and laugh A LOT!

    ReplyDelete