Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Week

My laptop is still sitting in the Best Buy Hospital, hopefully I'll be back in regular service soon.  Thankfully, my photos from this year are still on my camera and my other photos are burned onto discs.  Thank you everyone for your kind comments! 

One thing I have noticed.....with no computer to go on most evenings, I suddenly have free time to do other things (well, no shock there!)....I've read 3 books, gone for a massage, went for a facial today (best one ever!) as well as doing things around the house.  Our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend was wonderful, we went to my parents' place and a good time was had by all. 

This weekend is yard cleanup and lounging at home after a frantic work week.  Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love having a massage or a facial. Spa bliss!
    What books did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's great that something good has come out of something bad. I recently took the tv out of our bedroom, and banned laptops + ipads from it. So much better! These things are just so addictive, and we are no better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hostess - It was absolutely wonderful!! I cannot believe how hydrated my skin feels. As for books, I read Smart Women by Judy Blume, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller, Donnie Brasco by Joseph Pistone and Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. All were great! I've been trying to post comments to your blog but for some reason, I can't?? I am keeping up with yours though!

    Blue Fruit - Good for you! I banned the TV from our bedroom and our living room, the TV is set up in the basement and it's been working very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopefully your computer woes are over soon!
    glad to know you enjoyed thanksgiving....are you a pumpkin pie or apple pie kinda gal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean there's really a world out there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura - definitely a pumpkin pie gal, but apple takes a close second place! :)

    B&P - haha yes, amazingly there is!

    ReplyDelete