Sunday, September 18, 2011

Why Oh Why?

Why can't Jon Hamm win that Emmy?

via

Unfortunately, none of the Fab 4 from Mad Men won Emmys this year (Jon Hamm, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery and Elisabeth Moss....and Vincent Kartheiser was not nominated AGAIN); however I was happy to hear the Mad Men cast won for Best Drama (4th year in a row), and Barry Pepper won for Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for his role as Bobby Kennedy in The Kennedys.  Pepper and Tom Wilkinson in particular were outstanding in the series, they were so believable as Bobby and Joe Sr.

via

One show I must start watching immediately is Downton Abbey (Masterpiece); I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it, and I love period dramas. The show won several Emmy awards tonight and I love Maggie Smith's work (including her stint as Mother Superior in Sister Act, of course).


Over the weekend I read an interesting interview Christina Hendricks gave to Hadley Freeman at Guardian.co.uk, it can be viewed here.  I have to hand it to Christina for putting up with all the scrutiny as well as she has!

7 comments:

  1. Downton Abbey is brilliant, you will love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have dreams about Don Draper (don't tell my husband). He is so yummy!

    Downton Abbey is as fabulous as people say....I missed the new season's first episode because I was out last night. But I just found out it's on their website for a limited time. If I didn't have to do a ton of chores right now, I would watch it today. I hope it's up for a while.

    xo, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie - I know I will! Can't wait to watch it!

    Adrienne - There's just something about a man in a well tailored suit! I want to start watching Season 1 first, actually with Mad Men I started watching partway through the 2nd season, so this time I want to start at the beginning with this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good things about Downtown Abby so I hope to watch it this year..I'll have to watch the first episode online a si am already behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find that photo of Don?! My how he smolders. I've seen him in photo ops and he's so not the character, so relaxed and...normal LOL. I am collecting the series in DVD so I can have an orgy, I mean marathon, any time until the next season.

    You'll loooove Downton Abbey. I'm planning to collect that set too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the follow and your comments...I'm a Mad Men fan too....but Downton Abbey is just perfection, perfect Sunday night viewing...love it, I'm sure you will too!
    Have a great week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat - Hopefully I can find Downton Abbey online in Canada!

    CC - You'll love this, take a look at this 'Eye Candy' post at Everyday Wena's blog (I loved it): http://weendizzle.blogspot.com/2011/09/eye-candy-friday-jon-hamm.html

    I have all 4 seasons of Mad Men, I really enjoy watching them whenever I want! The audio commentaries are very good too, particularly the episodes featuring Jon Hamm, John Slattery and Vincent Kartheiser. Hilarious!

    Catherine - thanks for the comment! have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete