Wednesday, September 7, 2011

For All Aspiring Organists and Music Aficionados Out There....

...watch, be stunned and take note from one of Masters, Karl Richter, playing Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565, by J.S. Bach.  It's one of my favorite pieces of music ever written; fiery and dramatic, yet earnest in some passages, explosive in others.  Richter's rendition is played with textbook-like precision....and I'm baffled how he can play those difficult passages while playing foot pedals! 





5 comments:

  1. I took piano when I was in grade school and hated practicing Bach. Then when I entered university, I would listen to his works when studying/doing homework. His stuff was my fave at helping me focus! Thanks for sharing, the organist's technique is amaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, learning to play Bach was SO PAINFUL. But once you finally learned a song, you HAD IT! Bach's music is wonderful for focus and concentration, I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pedals are the best part. This is one of my favorite pieces of all time.
    Heard this played on the organ at the Tabernacle in Salt Lake City which is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gave me goosebumps over my second cup of coffee this morning, there is something about classical music that alway makes me want to better myself, even when I was young it worked better than a stern talking to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie - I would love to hear Toccata and Fugue live! That must have been a wonderful experience!

    Tabitha - You are so right, there's something about classical music which makes it important and I take it seriously! It works wonders for whatever mood you are in.

    ReplyDelete