Friday, August 26, 2011

September Purchases

As this autumn will be scrimp 'n save time for me, there are a few items I must buy before my fun money is strictly rationed to vacation savings:

1.  La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60 cream


I first heard of this SPF cream from Tabitha at Bourbon and Pearls after a few people raved about it; I heeded their good advice and purchased it a few months ago.  The product has worked very well for me; this summer has been consistently hot and sunny, and my skin did not burn.  It also held up well underneath makeup.  I'm interested to find out how the product works come autumn and winter when the air gets very dry.

2.  MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4



This is one of the things I can't leave home without.  I have worn this powder foundation ever since my wedding makeup trial over 5 years ago and the powder lasts for about 3-4 months.  It evens out my skin nicely and I don't have to fuss with messy liquid foundation.  

3.  MAC lipstick



Another lipstick, another must.  Especially if you have recently changed hair colours.

4.  La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin


This cleanser works well for me, it doesn't irritate my skin and doesn't leave behind residue.  

5.  Tanqueray Gin


Last but certainly not least, a trusty bottle of Tanqueray gin for my favorite no-fail after work cocktail, a gin and tonic.  

What is on your wishlist this autumn?

6 comments:

  1. Love that color lipstick!
    I need to replenish my perfume, Yves St Laurent's 'Yvresse' which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this wishlist!
    I also started using the LaRoche-Posay stuff after Tabs recommended the sunscreen.
    Like you I've been using the 60 and it's brilliant.
    I am also using the cleanser, thermal water atomizer and the moisturizer for day.
    It's cheaper than my typical organic stuff but it doesn't irritate my skin, which is amazing as I get hives from everything.

    I don't drink hard alcohol so gin is not my poison but I am plotting a purchase of a few cases of french wine for fall.
    Just found your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Dani, I'm glad you stopped by! Your blog is excellent. :) I wish I had half of your coats!

    My skin reacts to different products too, last fall I tried the Clinique 3 step program....what a mistake that was. My cheeks became so irritated and red (probably from the toner) that I really had to rehab my skin during the winter ...worst time ever to try and do that with the biting cold and wind, so dry and uncomfortable! So now I am super careful which products I try.

    The French wine sounds divine! Of course, I should add a few bottles to our wine rack...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - what an intriguing name for a perfume, I must sample that one sometime! I actually ended up buying a Smashbox lipstick and lip pencil over the weekend in a pinky-nude colour instead of a true red...all the lipsticks I tried at the MAC counter just weren't doing it for me and the Smashbox one won out this time!

    Oh and I got my face wash on sale with a $5 coupon - that hardly ever happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wish list! I always end up buying myself a lipstick when I'm trying to pinch pennies. It's such a cliché but it's true - it's such a nice pick-me-up that doesn't cost too much (or at least, not as much as a nice pair of shoes!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yes I will have to wait on shoes for a bit, indeed..a new lipstick, nah!

    ReplyDelete